Tuesday, February 9, 2010

alumni paper

Ever since I can remember my dad has fixed his own vehicles; so, whenever I could, I would help him on his projects. He had showed me that you did not have to take your car into a shop if you could do the work yourself. I remember the first day that he showed me how to change the oil in his car. I took off the drain plug and got oil everywhere, so he corrected me and showed me the proper way to do things. When my dad showed me how to fix my own car it inspired me to learn more about them. My dad always told me, “It is good to do your own work.” Now I realized what he meant when he said that. I have done all the work to my car and am proud of it to. That is why I want to pursue my career as an automotive technician. I plan on taking the Ford FACT program and also taking a class to achieve most of the ASE certifications. The School that will help me reach my goals is UTI (Universal Technical Institute). The campus that I am attending is out in southern California and is one of the major tech schools in the country. When I get out of school I am looking forward to getting employed with a major Ford dealership or having a job with a performance shop. The way that I will meet my goals is by completing my schooling and working hard to gain more knowledge about vehicles.
Since I know that I will be going to Universal Technical Institute in Rancho Cucamonga, California I know that it will cost about $36,000 for my technician certification and all my schooling. My parents have always been hard workers, and they have given me what I have and I am grateful and I appreciate that, but times are tough and they can’t afford to put me through school. That’s why I am looking for some funding to supercharge my life and finish that important race to finish college. Finishing college would be just like finishing my race. The adrenalin rush you get when you’re running your car to the limit at the end of the track. The sound of the engine winding down as you let off the gas to turn and pick up your time slip. Then the feeling of accomplishment as you reach with your trembling hand out the window and pick up your time slip; when you see how much you have improved your time. That’s the same feeling that I want to experience in a few years after I finish college and look back at my life.

1 comment:

  1. I made the revisions and put it in the expos folder, student essays, RHS. I hope these ideas help!

    ReplyDelete